Lightroom 5.6 Now Available
Lightroom 5.6 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanism in Lightroom 5. The goal of this release is to provide support for additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.6
- Nikon D810
- Panasonic LUMIX AG-GH4
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 5.6
|Canon||Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM|
|Canon||Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM|
|Canon||Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010E|
|Canon||Tamron 18-200 f/3.5-6.3 DiIII VC B011EM|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5 – 5.6|
|Nikon||Tamon 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010N|
|Pentax||Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013|
|Phase One A/S||Schneider Kreuznach LS 40-80mm f/4.0-5.6|
|Sony Alpha||Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 28mm f/2.8|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 16mm f/2.8 Fisheye|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 100mm f/2.8 MACRO|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 16-105mm f/3.5-5.6|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-200mm f/2.8G|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM II|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 135mm f/2.8 [T4.5] STF|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 300mm f/2.8 G SSM II|
|Sony E||Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M|
Please note – the profile for the newly added Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens is not automatically located when applying lens profile corrections. This is a bug and we will fix it in a future release. The workaround is to:
– Manually select the profile and choose “Save New Lens Profile Defaults” in the Setup menu on the Profile tab. From then on, the lens should automatically select when the profile is enabled.
Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 5.6
- Collections with a custom sort order would sometimes not properly sync with Lightroom mobile.
- Updated the “Adobe Standard” color profile for the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacts customers who used Camera Raw 8.6 or DNG Converter 8.6 to convert NEF raw files from the D810 to DNG
- Star ratings set in Lightroom mobile did not properly sync to Lightroom desktop. Please note that this only occurred on images that were added to Lightroom mobile from the camera roll
- Resolved the issues causing the persistent “Syncing … images” state that some of our customers have reported.”
- Star ratings would sometimes not sync from Lightroom desktop to Lightroom mobile. Please note that this only occurred when attempting to sync a Collection that contained more than 100 photos that already contained star ratings.
- Added information to the “System Info” dialogue to help designate if the customer installed Lightroom from the Creative Cloud.
- Unable to open sRaw files from the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacted customers that converted D810 sRaw files to DNG in either Camera Raw 8.6 RC or DNG Converter 8.6 RC.
- Images with invalid GPS coordinates would not properly sync with Lightroom mobile
- Lightroom occasionally crashed when changing image selection on Windows. Please note that this only occurred on the Windows platform.
- JPEG files exported from Lightroom would not open or be available to edit within Canon Digital Photo Professional application software.
- Lightroom would run in reduced functionality mode when it should not.