Fujifilm have announced a new consumer focused X-Series camera in the form of the X-A2.
More more information about the X-A2, see the Fujifilm official page
Introducing the FUJIFILM X-A2
A premium interchangeable lens camera with 175° tilting LCD and new Eye Detection Auto Focus for perfect selfies!
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) has announced it will launch the FUJIFILM X-A2. Offering outstanding color reproduction, enhanced autofocusing and superb resolution, the X-A2 makes it easier than ever before for photographers to get the premium image quality that’s become synonymous with Fujifilm’s X Series.
The X-A2 features Fujifilm’s newly developed Eye Detection AF, Auto Macro AF and Multi-Target “MULTI AF” for fast and accurate autofocusing. It’s also the first X Series model to sport a 175-degree tilting LCD making it easier to take selfies and it comes with the new XC16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS II kit lens, which has a class-leading minimum working distance of 15cm (approx. 7cm from the edge of the lens) for macro photography.
<Key new* features in the X-A2>
- Eye Detection AF, Auto Macro AF and Multi-Target “MULTI AF”
The camera features Eye Detection AF, Auto Macro AF and Multi-Target “MULTI AF”, which adjust autofocus settings according to the subject. This makes it easier to photograph diverse subject matter.
- Premium quality self-portraits with the 175° tilting LCD
The X-A2 is the first X Series model to sport a 175° tilting LCD for higher quality self-portraits, or selfies. Rotating the tilting LCD by 175° activates the new Eye Detection AF, which automatically focuses on the subject’s eyes. This allows you to shoot self-portraits that make the most of the famed X Series image quality, with an emphasis on reproducing even and smooth skin tones.
- All-new kit lenses with a minimum working distance of 15cm for macro photography
Fujifilm has developed two new kit lenses – the XC16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS II and XC50-230mm F4.5-6.7 OIS II – which feature an updated design and improved performance. The XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II has a minimum working distance of 15cm (approx. 7cm from the front edge of the lens)**, the shortest in its class, for impressive close-up shooting. The XC50-230mm F4.5-6.7 OIS II offers optical image stabilization of approximately 3.5-stops***, making it easier to take hand-held telephoto and night images.
- The unique “CLASSIC CHROME” Film Simulation mode
Fujifilm’s newest Film Simulation mode, “CLASSIC CHROME”, has been added. With its deeper colors and richer tones, it increases the choice of color and tonal reproduction. Classic Chrome is highly popular and is great for those occasions when you want to create an image that tells a story.
- *Compared to the FUJIFILM X-A1:
- **When shooting at the wide-angle end, the minimum working distance from the sensor has been improved from 30cm to 15cm.
- ***Improvement from approximately 3.0-stops to 3.5-stops.
1. Product features
(1) Outstanding photo quality and versatile creative functions using color reproduction technology 80 years in the making
- The large 16.3 megapixel APS-C sensor and the EXR Processor II image processing engine produce premium image quality despite the X-A2’s compact size. The sensor also delivers beautifully smooth bokeh effects for portraiture and macro shots when using a wide aperture.
- The image design technology, nurtured through the development of photographic films, delivers stunning color reproduction that’s unique to Fujifilm. Any scene can be captured beautifully just as the eye sees it, including the warm tones of human skin, clear blue skies and the red hues of the setting sun.
- The normal sensitivity range covers ISO200 to ISO6400, while extended sensitivity settings of ISO12800 and even ISO25600 can be selected when you want to minimize camera shake. The X-A2 produces clear images with astonishingly low noise, even on low-light nightscapes and indoor shots where high ISOs are essential.
(2) Now first-time users of interchangeable lens cameras can enjoy premium image quality
- The Mode Dial allows you to quickly select shooting modes. Advanced SR Auto mode determines the type of scene and automatically uses optimum shooting settings for high-quality images.
- The camera features Eye Detection AF, Auto Macro AF and Multi-Target “MULTI AF” modes so you can select the best option for your subject, while enjoying advanced AF performance including a shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds, a shooting interval of 0.4 seconds*4, and a start-up time of 0.5 seconds*5 so you never miss a shot.
- The use of two Command Dials means you only need a thumb to quickly adjust aperture, shutter speed and exposure settings. Frequently used functions such as white balance, continuous shooting and the self-timer can be assigned to standalone function buttons, eliminating the need to go through the Menu screen each time you need to change settings.
- *4When the Live View is turned off.
- *5When the Quick Start mode is turned on.
(3) 175-degree tilting high-definition LCD monitor enables creative shots from multiple angles
- The camera features a high-brightness and high-definition 3.0-inch 920,000-dot LCD monitor that has wide viewing-angle and can be tilted 175°. The feature is useful for shooting from a low-angle for children and pets, from a high-angle above large crowds or obstacles, or for capturing self-portraits.
- When the LCD is fully opened, the camera switches to the Eye Detection AF mode to capture high-quality selfies, sharply focusing on your eyes.
(4) Super Intelligent Flash optimizes light output according to individual scenes
The built-in Super Intelligent Flash accurately controls light output according to individual scenes. When shooting indoor portraits in low-light, small items or food, the flash system reduces highlight clipping to produce images exactly as your eyes see them. Natural colors and brightness are also achieved when shooting backlit scenes or photographing a person under intense sunlight that casts strong shadows on the face.
(5) A wide array of shooting modes: Film Simulation, Advanced Filters and Multiple Exposure
- The X-A2 features Fujifilm’s unique Film Simulation modes, which have been created using the knowledge amassed from over 80 years of film development. You can choose from six options: the true-to-life colors of PROVIA (standard), the vibrant tones and saturated colors of Velvia (vivid), the soft tones of ASTIA (soft) or the full-bodied colors and gentle shades of CLASSIC CHROME. Monochrome and Sepia modes are also available.
- The Advanced Filters functions allow you to add creative effects in camera. Choose from TOY CAMERA, MINITURE, DYNAMIC TONE, POP COLOR, SFOCUS, HIGH KEY, LOW KEY and PARTIAL COLOR.
- You can also combine two images into a single frame with the Multiple Exposure mode.
(6) Full HD movie shooting
The camera is capable of shooting full high-definition movies (30 frames per second), incorporating the color effects of Film Simulations and beautiful bokeh achieved with the combination of the large sensor and a wide aperture setting.
(7) Instant transfer of premium-quality X Series images to your mobile device and computer
- Download the free FUJIFILM Camera Application app to your smartphone or tablet*6 so you can transfer photos and videos to your device with a simple one-touch operation – no ID or password needed! It is also possible to view and select photos and videos in your camera and import them to your smart device.
- Images can also be sent directly from the camera to the Instax SHARE SP-1 smartphone printer for instant printing.
- The camera is Wi-Fi enabled*7 to easily back up in-camera data to your computer*8.
- It is also possible to geotag each image with location information, acquired through your smartphone or mobile device.
- *6Android™ smartphones and tablets as well as iPhones and iPads
- *7Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
- *8The free FUJIFILM PC AutoSave software must be installed on your computer in advance.
(8) Available in two Perfect lens kits: A compact and lightweight standard zoom lens equivalent to 24mm*9 at the wide-angle end, and a telephoto zoom lens with focal lengths extending from 76mm*9 to 350mm*9
- The compact X-A2 is available in a kit with the XC16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS II standard zoom, which employs 12 all-glass elements in 10 groups, including 3 aspherical lens elements and 1 ED lens element. The lens uses seven rounded diaphragm blades to enable fine 1/3-step (17 steps in total) exposure control. Its lightweight focusing lens and high-precision motor achieve quick and silent autofocusing, while the minimum working distance of 15cm makes macro photography simple. The optical image stabilization function reduces camera shake in hand-held still images and videos.
- The double zoom lens kit also comes with the XC50-230mm F4.5-6.7 OIS II telephoto zoom, which employs 13 all-glass elements in 10 groups, including 1 aspherical lens element and 1 ED lens element. The lens offers an advanced optical performance across its focal range, producing clear images even when your subject is a long distance away. Its lightweight focusing lens and high-precision motor achieve quick and silent autofocusing. The optical image stabilization function (approximately 3.5-stops) reduces camera shake in hand-held still images and videos.
- *9equivalent to 35mm format