The Cactus V6 is the World’s First wireless flash trigger that works ON ANY CAMERA (with a standard hot shoe or PC Sync port) to control power output, wirelessly, of Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus and Panasonic’s system flashes ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
Remote Power Control of Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus and Panasonic flashes
Each flash model has its individual power level characteristics. We have profiled more than 30 popular flash models across a wide range of brands so that the V6 can precisely control their output levels. With this unique feature, photographers can remotely control the flash power of various flash models, even of different brands.
Currently, more than 30 popular flash models from Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, Panasonic, Metz, Nissin, etc. have been profiled and pre-installed on the V6. By selecting the pre-installed flash model on the Cactus V6 the photographer can remotely control the flash power output of the selected flash model wirelessly through the Cactus V6.
If a flash model is not listed, the V6 may even learn its flash profile and then be able to control the power output of the flash. (See note on compatibility)
Remote Power and Zoom Control of Cactus RF60 Wireless Flash
The V6 can directly control a Cactus RF60 set to Slave mode using RF60’s built-in radio transceiver. Besides controlling power remotely in single and multiple groups, the V6 can also adjust the zoom level of the RF60 easily by pressing the adjustment wheel and swap control between power and zoom.
- Working radio frequency: 2.4 GHz;
- Number of channels: 16;
- Number of groups: 4;
- Support sync speed up to 1/1,000 second (subject to camera’s sync speed limitation);
- Maximum effective distance: 100 meters (field-tested up to 270 meters);
- Power input: Two AA batteries; mini USB 2.0, DC input 5V, 500mA~1A;
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +50°C;
- Camera voltage handling: up to 6V;
- Flash voltage handling: up to 300V;
- Dimensions: 72mm (L) x 72mm (W) x 42 mm (H);
- Weight: 68g.
Quick Power Adjustments
Control is extremely easy and swift with the use of a selection dial and a combination of group buttons. V6 can control multi-group power output in just one quick slide which is faster than any manual system available in market. To adjust an individual group, simply press and hold the group button and scroll the adjustment dial at the same time and changes will be instantly made on the V6 RX unit.
Absolute Power Control
V6 can benchmark the power output of flash models with different GN. In Absolute Power mode, EV numbers can be used to specify an absolute light intensity, independent of the maximum power output of a flash model.
V6 is so advanced and precise that 0.1EV power level can be adjusted, even if the flash does not offer that option*.
*0.1EV increment applies to certain flash models only. Please check the user manual for compatibility.
The V6 transceiver comes with a multi-system shoe that supports TTL pass through. With TTL pass-through, the TTL flashes behave as they would when directly connected to the camera hot shoe.
- Wireless manual power control of a list of current and previous Canon, Nikon and Pentax flashes;
- Flash profile learning for analogue-TTL flashes;
- Full manipulation of power levels to 1/10, 1/3, 1/2 and 1EV steps;
- Lo Power mode fires the flash for extremely short lengths of time;
- Absolute Power Mode benchmarks the power output of different flash models to the same light intensity;
- TTL pass-through with Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, and Fujifilm via one single unit;
- Built-in optical trigger enables pre-flash triggering;
- Group control allows you to control up to four groups;
- Relay mode triggers the camera shutter and flash in sync;
- Delay timer is configurable from 1 millisecond to 10 seconds;
- Mini-USB port for optional power supply and firmware updates.
Flash model profiles pre-installed in V6:
Canon system models:
– Cactus AF45C, AF50C;
– Canon 320EX, 420EX, 430EX, 430EXII, 430EZ, 540EZ, 580EX, 580EXII, 600EX-RT;
– Godox V860C;
– Metz 36AF-5, 44AF-1, 50AF-1, 52AF-1, 58AF-1, 58AF-2;
– Nissin Di866 MARK II, MG8000;
– Phottix Mitros, Mitros Plus;
– Sigma EF-500 DG SUPER;
– Yongnuo YN568EX II;
Nikon system models:
– Cactus AF45N, AF50N;
– Godox V860N;
– Metz 36AF-5, 44AF-1, 50AF-1, 58AF-2;
– Nikon SB-24, SB-28, SB-600, SB-700, SB-800, SB-900, SB-910;
– Nissin Di700, Di866;
– Sigma EF-530 DG SUPER;
Pentax system models:
– Cactus AF45P, AF50P;
– Metz 36AF-5, 44AF-1, 50AF-1, 58AF-2;
– Pentax AF 360FGZ, AF 540FGZ;
Olympus system models:
– Metz 44AF-1, 52AF-1, 58AF-2;
– Olympus FL-36R, FL-50R;
Panasonic system models:
– Panasonic FL360, FL500;
Notes on compatibility:
- Cactus V6 does not work with any other flash trigger model including Cactus V4, V2s or V2;
- Cactus V6 does not transmit TTL information wirelessly;
- Cactus V6 is not compatible with flashes or strobes with reversed polarity connectors;
- Cactus V6 is compatible with practically all cameras that come with either (1) a standard ISO hot shoe, or (2) a female sync port connection;
- Cactus V6 is compatible with the Wireless Flash Transceiver V5, Laser Trigger LV5 and Wireless Flash RF60.